Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Tuesday Tour - 1310 Island Pl E

Tuesdays in the real estate world are pretty great.  Most all the area offices have their sales meetings on Tuesday mornings 'round 10 o'clock followed by office caravans to check out new in-office listings.  It's a nice way to build comeraderie, stay in the know, and see what the other folks in your office are up to.  But the best part is what follows:  the Tuesday luncheon.  Also known as Realtor Tours, these are open houses hosted by agents for agents and are a nice way to preview a house before you bring buyers through.  Since I've been at Sowell & Company, I've toured some spectacular homes and eaten some pretty amazing (free!) lunches on Tuesdays.  Rosemary scones on Belleair, Dave Lorrison's fantastic quiche on Peabody, yummy dilled asparagus on Tara Lane, shrimp salad at the Memphis Country Club Towers...  I could go on and on.  I really do hate I can't share the yummy food with you.  But in the spirit of the Tuesday luncheon tours, I'd love to give you a tour of some of the great houses that are prime pickin' here in Memphis!  Let's start with 1310 Island Pl E, shall we?

Cute li'l house!

This little cutie is on Mud Island, just north of Harbor Town.  The owners, Blakley & Jake, have enjoyed living in this home with their cute little Pug, Jackson, and more recently, their newborn son, Mac.  Blakley has such wonderful style - their place always looks so inviting and smells amazing!  No kidding - she swears by the Votivo Tuscan Olive candles and I always have folks at Open House want to know what that wonderful scent is.  I especially love the dark pergo floors and Blakley picked a wonderful warm yellow for the living/dining/kitchen areas.

Blakley has such good taste!

There are some great features here - gas logs, open and airy floorplan, vaulted ceilings, master bath with separate tub & shower and his 'n her closets, walk-in attic access, two car garage with parking pad, and a cute little patio just off the back.  The television and the surround sound in the living room stay and Blakley & Jake recently had the exterior painted and the flowerbeds professionally landscaped.

I adore the open floor plan, those rich pergo floors, and the natural light!

This house is in my neighborhood, so it's easy for me to tell you why it's such a great place to live.  I LOVE being able to ride my bike to Miss Cordelia's, walk by the Mississippi River, hustle on over to the gym in the mornings, swing by Tug's for an after-work cocktail on my way home in the afternoons, and ogle the pastries in the case at Cafe Eclectic.  Not to mention the added bonus of being so close to all the goings-on downtown.

THIS is the Mud Island sunset view.  Jealous?

What's that?  You say you want a real tour?  Well, I'll be happy to show you this cute li'l house in person!  Just give me a call at (901) 485-2179 or drop me an email at AshleyDacus@gmail.com and we'll set something up.  And maybe even have lunch.

2 comments: