Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Tour - 642 Watson

I'm fighting off a nap as I write this and here's why:  Gus's Fried Chicken.  That's right, I had Gus's for lunch.  Kudos to the friendly Crye-Leike agent who hosted a Realtor Open House in High Point Terrace and stuffed us all silly with fried, spicy goodness.  If you're an agent and you happen to be reading this, right now would be the time to swoop in and get some deals done because the weather is right and I know probably 1/3 of the agents in this town are in a fried chicken-induced stupor like me.

642 Watson
But before I find a desk to crawl under, I wanted to tell you guys about a cute little house in East Memphis that I just listed last week, 642 Watson.  I helped the current owners, Devyn and Kyle Parkinson, along with their happy dog Crash, when they bought the house.  Believe me when I say we searched high and low, allllll over town for the perfect little nest for them.  I think Devyn was 14 months pregnant before they signed on the dotted line and I was seriously starting to worry that I'd have to help her deliver her baby while we were house-hunting.  Thankfully, Devyn had the decency to check into a proper hospital just a few days before closing.  And then there were five.  Ava and Elly, the cutest little twins you ever saw, round out the starting lineup (see, this line is funny because both Devyn and Kyle worked for the Memphis Redbirds when I first met them!).  Well, now it's time to move on, and it's kind of sad because it's their family's first home and I hate to see wonderful people leave Memphis.  However, I just know someone will love this house as much as the Parkinsons have.  Let's take a tour, shall we?

Living Room
Dining Room
Kitchen
Master Bedroom
Second Bedroom (I LOVE the green & brown for a nursery!)
Hall bathroom
Big ol' deck off the back (There's Crash in the corner! Hi Crash!)
Big ol' fenced-in backyard

I love this door.

There are these beautiful dark, wood floors throughout the house; big, pretty ceramic tile in the kitchen and bathrooms; interesting arched doorways; a friendly front porch; and my gosh what a great backyard!  The front door is one of my favorite features - it's this great Frank Lloyd Wright-ish inspired wood door with beautiful glass work.  The living and dining rooms have been painted in a crisp, brown-paper-bag color that really makes the house feel so warm and welcome as soon as you come in.  You may have noticed in my own home-improvement pictures that I'm a bit obsessed with kitten gray walls, so I LOVE the master bedroom and it's deeper, richer version.  It's such a serene color to me, perfect for your sleep retreat.  All the trim work in the house is a glossy white (my favorite!) and it looks so clean and fresh.  The deck out back features great bench seating all around the perimeter, perfect for inviting your new favorite neighbors over to show off your new digs.  And they'll be jealous, too; most of the homes in this neighborhood are smallish, with two, maybe three bedrooms and one or one and a half bathrooms.  THIS one boasts three bedrooms and two bathrooms, which is kind of a big deal. 

Speaking of the neighborhood, I LOVE this area.  The neighborhood is called Normal School Place (because it's adjacent to the University of Memphis, originally known as the West Tennessee State Normal School) and it's just east of the University in a pretty little three block by five block section of homes (that's an approximation, folks) that's kind of in the middle of everything in Memphis.  There are all kinds of great restaurants and bars and the like around the University (RP Tracks, Brother Juniper's, and Newby's come to mind); there's plenty of shopping with Laurelwood, Laurelwood Collection, Oak Court, Target(!) and Poplar Plaza nearby; you've got your pick of darn near any local or national grocery chain within a 5 minute drive (trust me, if you live downtown, that's kind of a big deal); and Audubon Park, the Botanic Gardens, and the Leftwich Tennis Center are practically in your backyard.  It'd be almost impossible not to be fit, happy, and have plenty to do if you lived in this house.

Once you see it, I think you'll agree there's something just wonderful about this house and this neighborhood.  Just say the word and I'll be happy to give you a tour.  In the mean time, I'm taking that nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment